day 2 of their visit we made our way down to the park. heres my little toby, not so little anymore.
An action shot of heath, his whole life seems to be an action shot, not sure if i have any photos of him not moving!
And my little goddaughter ruby doo, i put her on the roof, she seemed pretty okay with it.
Oh yeah, and the cookies i was talking about before! Donna's didnt spill over like mine, but i kind of like them like that, derish!
Caramel Cookies Donna Hay Makes about 16
- 60g unsalted butter (i always just use normal butter, its probably an offence punishable by death in real baking kitchens so yeah, shhh, dont tell donna) (and possibly a little extra butter, see note in method)
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour (after months of using american and english recipes, i was so excited to actually be able to use self raising flour again!)
- 8 jersey caramels halved (or if you can't get jersey caramels, just use any soft, chewy caramel lollies)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Add the flour to the butter mix until a smooth dough forms. (My dough was really dry and crumbly so i just melted a little more butter and added it a bit at a time till it stuck together. As you can see in the picture they were still a little dry so i guess a little too much is better than not enough).
- Roll tablespoonsful of dough into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper. Press to flatten and top each with half a caramel. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden.