From Taste (really great website, it has recipes from a few food magazines all in the one place. I always buy Super Food Ideas and Recipes+ but when I cant be bothered looking through these for dinner ideas I pop on this site.)
- 2 limes
- 4 egg yolks
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 250mls/1cup light olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped (so many things wrong with this one, well, two, but they are two very big things. For one, WAY too much garlic, 6?? Really?? I cant believe I even believed this would be a good idea... The new wise Michelle would go for 2 cloves and have a taste. And for number two, i want my garlic to be as small as possible in this sort of thing so I crushed it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely grate the limes and reserve a little to garnish. (it says to julienne the rind of one of the limes, but like the garlic, i decided that smaller was better). Juice the limes and measure out 1 1/2T of the juice.
- Place the egg yolks, lime juice and mustard in a food processor.
- With the motor running add the olive oil drop by drop until the mayonnaise begins to thicken.
- Continue to add oil in a thin steady stream until well combined.
- Add garlic and grated lime and process to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I was expecting it to get thicker so left it processing for ages but it doesn't really need to, it's a sauce afterall!)
- Serve it out and garnish with leftover lime rind.